Vacuum advance (SVDA) Distributor for VW Kombi 1968-1979
If your Kombi is running a 009 centrifugal advance distributor and you are suffering from the common flat spot, you really need one of these new SVDA distributors.
Replacement SVDA distributors were typical very expensive and hard to come by which is why they were often replaced with the 009 distributor. Now they are easy to get and in-expensive you should think about replacing yours now.
Running a 009 can cause flat spots and lean running which can lead to overheating.
This single vacuum dual advance (SVDA) should solve your problems. You may need to have your mechanic tune your carburettors, but once you've done it you will be amazed at the improvement.
This should work with all Kombis 1968-1979 1600 - 2L, but please ask first before ordering if you are unsure as we cannot provide a refund if you order the wrong part.
Part number: 043905205R
Join our Facebook Page to receive exclusive updates & discounts!
Recent blog posts
- Sunny - 1975 VW Kombi Microbus by Righteous Kombis
- How much is a Kombi Worth? The value of a pre-purchase inspection.
- How do I Turn a 2 Seater VW Kombi into a 5 Seater
- Transforming a beatup 1974 VW Microbus into Ariel, the turquoise mermaid
- Restoring a 1972 Deluxe VW Kombi Microbus - Sprout
- How to Restore an 1971 Ex Army VW Kombi Lowlight - Earl
- A Day on the Green with Orange Crush
- Do VW Kombis really catch fire and why?
- Orange Crush - A 79 Camper restoration
- Ruby - The 1971 Ex Army VW Kombi Lowlight